Installing OpenGL

I am trying to build a project with Geant4 but I recieved this message

#Use this open statement to create OpenGL view:
/vis/open OGL 600x600-0+0
parameter value is not listed in the candidate List.
***** Illegal parameter (0) </vis/open OGL 600x600-0+0> *****
***** Batch is interrupted!! *****

My yum isn’t working so I can’t “yum install Open OGL” [i don’t actually know if that works]…how do I install OpenGL to /vis

thanks

You don’t install OpenGL because OpenGL is not software.

Instead you must install the drivers for your video card.

[QUOTE=mhagain;1260172]You don’t install OpenGL because OpenGL is not software.

Instead you must install the drivers for your video card.[/QUOTE]

how do I get the drivers then and where do I put them? I specifically need OpenGL?
thanks

You need to install the apropriate drivers for your graphics card. You mentioned yum, so I’m assuming you are using a GNU/Linux distribution.

If you have an Intel card, install “mesa”

If you have an ATI card, you can install the proprietary driver from their website (AFAIK they have a shell script for installation) or install “mesa” with the “radeonhd” drivers.

If you have an NVIDIA card, you can install the proprietary driver from their website (they have a shell script for installation) or install “mesa” with the “nouveau” drivers.

[QUOTE=Agent D;1260177]You need to install the apropriate drivers for your graphics card. You mentioned yum, so I’m assuming you are using a GNU/Linux distribution.

If you have an Intel card, install “mesa”

If you have an ATI card, you can install the proprietary driver from their website (AFAIK they have a shell script for installation) or install “mesa” with the “radeonhd” drivers.

If you have an NVIDIA card, you can install the proprietary driver from their website (they have a shell script for installation) or install “mesa” with the “nouveau” drivers.[/QUOTE]

ok so I am to use mesa. thanks.
i seem to be having problems though with my yum…it stopped working some time last week…this is the message I get

[root@localhost bob]# yum install mesa
Loaded plugins: changelog, kernel-module, protectbase, refresh-packagekit,
              : security, tsflags, versionlock
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-6.5&arch=x86_64 error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'mirrors.rpmfusion.org'"
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rpmfusion-free. Please verify its path and try again
[root@localhost bob]# yum install mesa
Loaded plugins: changelog, kernel-module, protectbase, refresh-packagekit,
              : security, tsflags, versionlock
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rpmfusion-free. Please verify its path and try again