About OpenGL video rendering.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Anand. Newbie to OpenGL programming and working on JOGL(Java wrapper for OpenGL).

I want to develop a project which will render multiple video streams (Up to 16 video streams in 2D frames) concurrently at 25fps rate. Please suggest how to start up with openGL. Please provide me any better documentation to render these video frames in 2D (3D is not required).

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Anand

first place to start would be to learn about the format of the videos you want to play. I guess that after that it would be simply just loading each frame as a texture…

Dear sandbucket,

I want to play RGB or YUV uncompressed 2D video frames. Please let me know is there any direct good tutorials on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Anand

16 streams of PAL (or even HD?) video in either RGB or YUV? That is tough, maybe even impossible with current cards. Is it 16 streams of live video or 16 video files being played back from disk?
What is it that you want to accomplish by using OpenGL?

Dear aronsatie,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to play 16 streams of live YUV or RGB video frames at 25fps rate (overall 400 frames per second). Is it possible to get this efficiency using OpenGL.

Thanks and Regards,
Anand