float a = trunc(c.a * 255.0 + 0.01);
        if ((a-AREF - 0.5f) < 0.0f)
                discard;

In both case texture sampler are defined like that
    Code :
    layout(bindless_sampler, binding = 0) uniform sampler2D TextureSampler;
    layout(bindless_sampler, binding = 1) uniform sampler2D PaletteSampler;

Intern Contributor
    @gregory38, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you reported. I was able to compile and link your fragment shader fine and glProgramUniformHandleui64vARB appears to work correctly, at least on "TextureSampler". I couldn't try it with "PaletteSampler" because it appears that uniform is never referenced with PS_ATST set to either 1 or 6.

Is there any chance you're not using the correct location value for "TextureSampler"? For me, if I compile with PS_ATST with 6 then "TextureSampler" gets a location of "1" (and not 0). However, if you try to
    call glProgramUniformHandleui64vARB with a location of "0" then you'll get "Element is invalid".

Basically, if you change your program in any way, including something simple like changing the PS_ATST value, you need to query all the locations again, because they may have changed.

Junior Member Newbie
    Is there any chance you're not using the correct location value for "TextureSampler"? For me, if I compile with PS_ATST with 6 then "TextureSampler" gets a location of "1" (and not 0). However, if you try to
    call glProgramUniformHandleui64vARB with a location of "0" then you'll get "Element is invalid".
    Ok that my issue, I used the same glcall which expect a location of 0. I was wrongly expecting location to follow the layout binding semantic. I guess "binding" is linked to image unit not "bindless uniform". Is there any way to specify a default location with layout, or is it a limitation of the extension? Might worth to add an error/warning that said "bindless sampler and binding layout property are incompatible".

Junior Member Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory38 View Post
    Is there any way to specify a default location with layout, or is it a limitation of the extension?
    I guess I can use location

Intern Contributor
    The OpenGL 4.4 beta drivers for both Windows and Linux have been updated. The new Windows version is 327.24 and the new Linux version is 325.05.14. The major fix in these new drivers is to a problem with rendering to layered sparse textures and an issue with 3D sparse textures. New drivers can be found in the usual place:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

Intern Newbie
    Hi can you provide some info since last update on what's new on new drivers like 327.44 and 331.40 what's has most bug fixes i.e. recommended for development?
    also I see EGL is supported now on Linux but still no full OpenGL only GL ES but seems a tegra Linux driver 334 already supports full OGL via EGL so I assume coming soon to Linux world.. question is if EGL will be coming to Windows also so we can use EGL APIs for Linux and Windows as already both Intel and AMD GPU drivers have EGL Windows support (but limited to GL ES)..