"Learn Modern 3d graphics programming" on a mac

First of all, I know that there is a mac forum for opengl, but that looks barren and I need to be able to do this ASAP.
Basically I’m trying to compile these tutorials, Learn Modern 3d graphics programming (I can’t post the link, so it would be in the pastebin link) but of course it won’t compile. I’ve tried following pages to no avail, pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GgTq9vi0 (because I can’t urls because Im new so all the links are at the pastebin link)

So basically, I’m now asking you guys how I can get the tutorial to compile.

On MacOSX? You don’t. It doesn’t support MacOSX.

Could you elaborate? If the tutorial doesn’t support macosx could you explain why, because it doesn’t say anywhere that it doesn’t. Also in one of the links, the stackoverflow one, one of the answer imply that it is possible but I find that answer incredibly vague and I can’t follow it.

If the tutorial doesn’t support macosx could you explain why, because it doesn’t say anywhere that it doesn’t.

That would be on this page, the last sentence of the first paragraph where it says, “Windows and Linux are supported”. I hadn’t thought it was necessary to list what platforms weren’t supported.

one of the answer imply that it is possible

Possible? I’m sure if you know how to put a build system together, and then rewrite the parts of the tutorials that rely on OpenGL 3.3-only features, you could get it working. But now you’re talking about effectively porting them to another platform.

That’s not going to be a trivial process.

I had lots of trouble trying to make FreeGLUT work on OS X. It seems that X11.org doesn’t support OpenGL 3.2 contexts on OS X and you need that in order to use FreeGLUT with these tutorials.

Because of that I’m redoing the tutorials using FLGW3. I only adds parts from McKesson’s framework as needed, so the simpler tutorials are easier to compiler and understand. I’m only providing an Xcode project (works straight away on OS X), but the code should be pretty much cross-platform and a Makefile should not be difficult to write.

You can find it here: https://github.com/rsanchezsaez/gltut-glfw

Hope it helps. :wink: