AMD card that supports multisampled images

I have an AMD FirePro 2270 with the latest drivers supporting OpenGL 4.2. I am getting the following GLSL compile error when I try using multisample images:

ERROR: 0:8: error(#374) Multisample image is not supported on this ASIC

Here is my code:

#version 420

uniform layout(rgba8) image2DMS ColorImage;

void main(void)
{
  ivec2 coords = ivec2(gl_FragCoord.xy);
  vec4 color = imageLoad(ColorImage, coords, gl_SampleID);
}

The error is on the imageLoad line. Apparently, even though the AMD FirePro 2270 supports OpenGL 4.2, it doesn’t support multisampled images. Does anyone know which FirePro cards have support for multisampled images?

Chúc c? nhÃ* luôn vui v?, buôn may bán d?t nha.

I tested an AMD FirePro V4900 and it gives me the same compile error. It appears that no AMD video card supports multisample images.

I opened a support ticket with AMD asking about this and they confirmed that they don’t yet support this in their drivers. The tech implied that there wasn’t a lot of demand for this feature so adding support for this isn’t a priority.

So if you want support for multisample images, I suggest staying away from AMD cards (at least until they get around to adding support for this in their drivers).

UPDATE: Sorry for mistake Nvidia supports it with this shader altough I tested other formats than rgba8 and get false impresion…
Interesting that actually even Nvidia[STRIKE] doesn’t support it![/STRIKE]

I tested similar shader to yours and get a similar error…
It’s a GTX 470 so fairly new…
Would be good if someone on Intel HD 4000 with OGL 4.0 drivers can test support for it (well with also support image_load_store extension)…

[QUOTE=paulk124;1248444]I tested an AMD FirePro V4900 and it gives me the same compile error. It appears that no AMD video card supports multisample images.

I opened a support ticket with AMD asking about this and they confirmed that they don’t yet support this in their drivers. The tech implied that there wasn’t a lot of demand for this feature so adding support for this isn’t a priority.

So if you want support for multisample images, I suggest staying away from AMD cards (at least until they get around to adding support for this in their drivers).[/QUOTE]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.