Software gl on windows?

Dunno if it the correct subforum but seem most appropriate to me.
I have crappy intel graphics and want to to run glsl on it. I recently heard about software-gl through mesa and downloaded that but i cant compile it. I have never compiled anything (except for my few c++ programs) so when i load up it Up in my MS visual studio 2010 it asks me to upgrade the solution. After im done i cant still compile it due to these errors:-

1>------ Build started: Project: mesa, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_120_core_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_builtin_120_common_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_builtin_120_fragment_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_common_builtin_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_core_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_fragment_builtin_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): warning MSB8017: A circular dependency has been detected while executing custom build commands for item "..\..\..\..\src\mesa\shader\slang\library\slang_vertex_builtin_gc.h". This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>  Building predefined shaders
1>  The system cannot find the path specified.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 3.
2>------ Build started: Project: gdi, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>  driverfuncs.c
2>d:\itqans data\e books\mesa
ew\mesalib-7.10.1\mesa-7.10.1\src\mesa\main\mtypes.h(40): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'glapi/glapi.h': No such file or directory
2>  meta.c
2>D:\itqans data\e books\mesa
ew\MesaLib-7.10.1\Mesa-7.10.1\src\mesa\main/mtypes.h(40): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'glapi/glapi.h': No such file or directory
2>  wgl.c
2>..\..\..\..\src\mesa\drivers\windows\gdi\wgl.c(58): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'glapi.h': No such file or directory
2>  wmesa.c
2>d:\itqans data\e books\mesa
ew\mesalib-7.10.1\mesa-7.10.1\src\mesa\main\mtypes.h(40): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'glapi/glapi.h': No such file or directory
2>  Generating Code...
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

can anybody tell me how to do that or just build it for me and give me openGL.dll? :stuck_out_tongue: pls excuse my n00bism.

I was surprised (looking at the mesa website) that mesa supported shaders. Looks like it does, though; cool.

I have an opengl.dll that also contains my botnet, but I can’t seem to find it just now :wink:

Wish I could help you compiling, but welcome to the wonderful world of programming!
Suggest ignoring everything, go to the first error you see and investigate from there.
If its possible to get the same version of visual studiot as the .dsw (or .sln) it will make your life much easier, since upgrading solutions is prone to failure!

Can you try to remove all spaces from the path?

Spaces in “d:\itqans data\e books” may be causing trouble.

Hmmm, I’ve built mesa with MSVC 2008 (I think) successfully in the past. Might be a 2010 problem.

One warning though - with a pure software implementation you’re going to get ~1 FPS. Not good, and I wonder if running GLSL with reasonable performance is part of your requirement. If so, then mesa will not be a suitable solution for you. The best solution for Intel graphics is actually Direct3D, but that may be going too far outside of what you want to achieve.

It doesn’t matter if you use VC++ 2008 or 2010 or whatever. Usually, the project isn’t setup right. To fix it and to resolve all the dependencies is a PITA. That’s the job of whoever maintains the project. I have probably only succeeded in compiling one of the versions in the past. Most of the versions, you can’t compile. Probably because it is targeted at *nix systems.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.